Like this building on Facebook
|Hyatt Regency Crown Center|
|2345 McGee Street, 64108|
Kansas City MO United States
|Units / Rooms||731|
| - hotel|
| - observation|
| - restaurant|
| - retail|
| - theatre|
| - highrise|
| - revolving floor|
| - modern|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Roof||504 ft||architect, newspapers, elevation data|
|Various sources agree as to it's current height, original height was lower, but the building was added onto after construction.|
• Architect: PBNDML Architects.
• Contractor: Eldridge & Sons Construction.
• Steel/Fabricator: Havens Steel.
• Management: Concordia Project Management Ltd.
• Constructors: Jack D. Gillum & Associates Ltd., Gillum-Colaco International Inc., Daniel Urban Kiley, Edward Larrabee Barnes Associates.
• Incorporations: Greater Kansas City Convention & Visitors Association, Midwest Mechanical Contractors Inc.
• Owner: Global Hyatt Corporation.
• On July 17th 1981, two 180' skybridges collapsed killing 111 individuals, and injuring 188. Marked as one of the most devastating hotel disasters in the history of the United States.
• Originally set at 42 floors, Hyatt Regency decided to "plop" a revolving restaurant on top making it the tallest in Missouri at the time.
• Google Search
| || |
Drawing by M.k.B
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.