|Marshall Field & Company Store|
|111 North State Street|
Chicago IL United States
| - retail|
| - highrise|
| - chicago school|
| - glass|
| - steel|
• Architects: D.H. Burnham & Company, FRCH Design Worldwide.
• Developer: Marshall Field & Company.
• Owner: Macy's Inc.
• Others: Marshall Field & Company, Otis Elevator Co., Schuler Shook, Tractel Ltd. North Central, Westinghouse Electric Elevator, Schindler Elevator.
• Originally completed as the Marshall Field & Company Store, the name was changed in 2006 to reflect the company's consolidation with the Federated Department Stores of Cincinnati.
• The building was named a National Historic Landmark in 1978.
• The department store serves as a major hub on Chicago's Loop Pedway System.
• The store has been majorly expanded many times since the original completion of the first building in 1892, including additions in 1902, 1906, 1907, and 1914.
• The building participates in several Novels.
• As traditional store's symbols, the green clocks which overhang the corners of Randolph and Washington on State Street are, together the mosaic dome from Tiffany studio, which tops a 5-story atrium in the southwest corner and 2 other fountains, one on the first floor in the central atrium and another in the Narcissus Room on the 7th floor, for private functions' use, its elements of singular design. In adition, the northwest section has a 13-story skylit atrium, and a newer atrium in the center is bridged by double escalator banks.
• Google Search