Like this building on Facebook
|600 Travis Street|
|600 Travis Street|
Houston TX United States
|Floor Area||120,773 m²|
| - office|
| - observation|
| - parking garage|
| - restaurant|
| - retail|
| - highrise|
| - atrium|
| - modern|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - granite|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Main roof||993 ft||''|
• Design Architect(s): I.M. Pei & Partners, 3D/International.
• Developer/Property Manager: Hines Interests Limited Partnership.
• Major Tenants: JPMorgan Chase Bank, Andrews & Kurth L.L.P, Cooper Industries Inc., Locke Liddell & Sapp LLP, American Express Business Finance.
Facts & Description
• The JPMorganChase Tower is the tallest building in Texas and is also the tallest five-sided building in the world.
• There is a free, public observation deck on the 60th floor of the JPMorgan Chase Tower.
• The building lost over 50 of its windows during Hurricane Rita which hit Texas in 2005.
• It was originally planned to be 80 stories tall, but the FAA limited this and future buildings to 75 stories anything higher would be consitered hazardous to air navigation.
• The tower once had an emergency helipad on the rooftop, but has never been utilized and the rooftop is now an antenna site.
• When it was completed in 1982 it was the tallest building outside of New York and Chicago and the eighth tallest building in the world.
• Building Awards: American Consulting Engineers Council, 1981.
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.