|US Bank Tower|
|633 West 5th Street|
Los Angeles CA United States
|Floor Area||133,087 m²|
| - office|
| - restaurant|
| - retail|
| - highrise|
| - landing pad|
| - sign|
| - postmodern|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
• Architect: Pei Cobb Freed & Partners.
• Executive Architect: Ellerbe Becket Associates.
• Structural: CBM Engineers, Inc.
• Los Angeles Business Council: Beautification Award: New Commercial High Rise (1990).
• California Geotechnical Engineers Association Outstanding Project Award (1989).
• U.S. Bank (Floors: 1,24,25,29,30).
• Latham & Watkins (Floors: 6,35-45).
• Barger & Wolen, LLP (Floors: 47,48,50).
• Tallest building at West Coast.
• Tallest building in the world to be completed in the 1980's.
• Part of Library Square, a project including two towers next to the newley renovated Los Angeles Central Library including the 73 floor First Interstate World Center and 52 story SoCal Gas Center. Today US Bank Tower and Gas Company Tower.
• It has the world's highest helicopter landing pad, and signage (company logo). Helicopter landing pads are required on Los Angeles skyscrapers for evacuation purposes, leading to L.A.'s flat-topped skyline.
• Construction Started on the US Bank Tower on June 1987 and opened in late 1989.
• The tower stands at 1,018 feet, when it was completed in 1989 it was the 7th Tallest Building in the Nation. Due to the destruction of the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center during 9/11, the U.S. Bank Tower (then Library Tower) became the 5th tallest in the country. The U.S. Bank tower is expected to lose this title in 2008, with the completion of the 92 floor Trump International Hotel & Tower in Chicago. The U.S. Bank Tower will then fall into 6th place.
• This building can withstand a 8.3 richter scale earthquake. The major San Andreas Fault cannot produce a 8.0 or greater earthquake. However, there are many unknown and newly discovered faults in the area, including one that runs right through Downtown.
• The glass crown on top of the tower lights up the LA skyline at Night.
• The Building has 73 floors, 66 of them are offices while the rest are mechanical, restaurants, and lobbies.
• Featured in such movies like Independence Day (1996), The Day After Tomorrow (2004) and Transformers (2007).
• Google Search