Like this building on Facebook
|Saint Edward's University Main Building|
|3001 South Congress Avenue|
Austin TX United States
| - education|
| - university|
| - highrise|
| - neo-gothic|
| - limestone|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Roof||133 ft||Building manager, (height obtained by KevinL.)|
Borough: South Austin
Neighborhood: Travis Heights
Development Zone: N/A
Architect: Nicholos Jo Clayton
- First highrise in Austin south of the Colorado River.
- Tallest building south of the river from 1889 to 1982.
- In 1922 the building was damaged by a tornado.
- The original 1889 building was destoryed by fire in 1903. A replica was rebuilt the same year.
- The building sits on a hill in South Austin overlooking downtown.
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.