Like this building on Facebook
|Aloft Detroit at The David Whitney|
|1 Park Avenue|
Detroit MI United States
| - hotel|
| - highrise|
| - chicago school|
| - terra cotta|
| - brick|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Roof||272 ft||Sanborn Fire Insurance Map|
|Main roof||259 ft||Sanborn Fire Insurance Map|
• Architect: Graham, Burnham, & Company
• Architect (1959 facelift): Harley, Ellington & Day
• The building was originally built with a decorative cornice, but it was removed in the 1950's after falling into disrepair.
• The building contains a large, five-story atrium at its base that used to hold shops.
• The building was held by the Whitney family until 1965, and went through a number of out-of-state investors before falling into foreclosure in 1990. It has since till 2014 been vacant.
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.