Like this building on Facebook
|1100 East Capitol Drive|
Shorewood WI United States
| - communication|
| - truss tower|
| - modern|
| - steel|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Antenna||1081 ft||FCC (Federal Communications Commission)|
- At the time of its completion, this was one of the tallest, freestanding lattice towers in the world.
- To make the tower a landmark, 2000, 25 watt lights were installed on the tower in October of 1963, and was coined the "Milwaukee's Tower of Light."
- The lights were used until the energy crisis of the 1973-74, when the viwers suggested that they be turned off.
- The lights were finally removed in 2003.
- Photo: http://gallery.bostonradio.org/2004-07/mke/100-02077-lrg.jpg
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.