Like this building on Facebook
|Stade Olympique et La Tour de Montréal|
|4141 avenue Pierre de Coubertin|
Montreal QC Canada
|Floor Area||108,825 m²|
| - sports|
| - observation|
| - office|
| - parking garage|
| - restaurant|
| - retail|
| - tower|
| - dome|
| - highrise|
| - stadium|
| - modern|
| - futurism|
| - steel|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| - fabric|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Observation deck||545 ft||Structurae.de|
|Concrete section||302 ft||Official Website|
|Lower portion of the Tower|
|Steel section||253 ft||Official Website|
|Upper portion of the Tower|
|Height of stadium||213 ft||Official Website|
|From the inside of the Stadium|
|Sea level||-71 ft||Calculations|
• Architect: Roger Taillibert.
• Structural Engineering: SNC Lavalin Inc.
• World's tallest stadium, world's tallest leaning tower.
• Costs at completion as of October 1998: $991 Million Canadian.
• Parking Spaces: 3,718.
• This building was build for Montreal's Summer Olympics in 1976, but wasn't fully completed until 1987.
• In 1998 the stadium's retractable roof was replaced with a non-retractable roof due to complications with wind.
• Stadium seats 55,389 people.
• Home of the Montréal Expo's, Montréals baseball team.
• In clear weather, you can have a 80km view from the Observation Deck (which has 3 floors).
• In 1991,a 55 Ton concrete beam fell and crashed on the walkway, forcing the tower to be closed. The Expos played the remainder of their home games on the road.
• Member of "World Federation of Great Towers".
• The cable car:
- Is 2 stories tall.
- Weighs 13.5T (when empty).
- Can accomodate 76 passengers (Top deck 42, Bottom deck 34).
- Moves 2.8m/sec (2 minutes to top).
- does 79 daily runs in peak season and 49 in off season.
- Is 4.5M wide, 6.0M deep and 4.5M high.
- Has a gyroscopic leveling system to keep it horizontal while moving up and down the tower.
- Has 600m of 37mm cable.
- Runs along 266m of track.
perimeter of stadium: 861 m
length of stadium: 292 m
width of stadium, excluding tower: 268 m
Source: official website
• Google Search
| || |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.