Like this building on Facebook
|The Landmark Inn|
|230 North Front Street|
Marquette MI United States
| - hotel|
| - restaurant|
| - lowrise|
| - beaux arts|
| - brick|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Roof||91 ft||Sanborn Fire Maps|
|Main roof||77 ft||Sanborn Fire Maps|
- Architect: H.L. Stevens & Company
- Developer: Kawbawgam Hotel Company
- The hotel's foundation was laid in 1917, but didn't begin construction until 1929.
- When opened, the hotel contained ground floor retail, 100 guestrooms on floors 2 through 5, and 9 apartment units on the top floor.
- The ownership of the hotel changed many hands between 1950 and the 1980's. Finally, the hotel closed for good in December of 1982.
- After many failed renovation attempts, the hotel was finally bought by a local husband-and-wife developer couple for $100,000. They then undertook a complete renovation of the hotel at a cost of $5,000,000. The fully restored hotel opened to guests on May 22, 1997.
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.