Like this building on Facebook
|1418 North Lake Shore|
|1418 North Lake Shore Drive|
Chicago IL United States
|Units / Rooms||27|
| - residential|
| - highrise|
| - modern|
| - concrete|
Architect: Solomon, Cordwell, Buenz and Associates
- This is the last highrise built on the lakefront edge of Chicago's Gold Coast.
- The two buildings that 1418 is sandwiched between are both designed by Hooper & Janusch.
- One of the building's former residents is Scottie Pippen, a star of the Chicago Bulls basketball team during its 1990s dynasty.
- The narrow tinted-glass facade forms an asymmetrical wave with two crests and one swell, enhancing the already spectacular lake views.
- This was the first high-rise built in Chicago since 1929 with only one unit per floor.
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.