Like this building on Facebook
|Park Shelton Condominiums|
|15 East Kirby Street|
Detroit MI United States
|Units / Rooms||263|
| - residential|
| - factory|
| - parking garage|
| - retail|
| - highrise|
| - beaux arts|
| - terra cotta|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Chimney||178 ft||McIntosh Poris Associates (renovation architects)|
|to highest chimney|
|Roof||169 ft||McIntosh Poris Associates (renovation architects)|
|to highest mechanical roof|
|Main roof||139 ft||McIntosh Poris Associates (renovation architects)|
|to main roof parapet wall|
- Architect: Westin & Ellington
- Architect (renovation): McIntosh Poris (2004)
- The lobby contains a mural by the famous artist Diego Rivera titled "The Native American."
- The building contains a fitness room and recreation area on its rooftop terrace.
- The building was originally constructed as the Wardell Apartment Hotel, and was named after Fred Wardell, the founder of the Eureka Vacuum Cleaner Company.
- The building underwent an extensive, $15 million renovation in 2004 which converted the building from apartment to condominium usage which included a full exterior and inter renovation, as well as the demolition of the buildings historic parking garage for a larger, more modern garage.
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.