Like this building on Facebook
|71 East Wacker Drive|
Chicago IL United States
|Units / Rooms||454|
| - hotel|
| - restaurant|
| - fitness center|
| - highrise|
| - modern|
| - glass|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
• Architect: Milton Schwartz & Associates.
• Constructors: The Falor Companies, Jerrold Wexler, C.A. Tharnstrom & Co., Miller Engineering Co., Republic Steel Corporation.
• In September 2002, Executive House Hotel changed its name to "Hotel 71". The new name comes from its address, 71 East Wacker Drive.
• Before a renovation in the 1980's, the horizontal bands of the façade were made even more pronounced by recessed balconies. Afterwards these recessed spaces were enclosed and made flush with the building wall.
• It would had a heliport ontop of it, not used in this functionality from first design, that also conceived it as a condominium highrise, but always served as hotel.
• Construction of the foundation involved the first use of a Benoto rig in the United States, this machine advances the caisson casings by rotating them back and forth.
• Google Search
| || |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.