Like this building on Facebook
|Saint Peter's Basilica|
Basilica di San Pietro
|Piazza San Pietro|
Vatican City Vatican City
| - religious|
| - church|
| - dome|
| - renaissance revival|
| - masonry|
| - glass|
| - stone|
| - stucco|
| - brick|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
• Architects: Bramante, G da Sangallo, Raffaello, Michelangelo.
• The building itself is 194 meters long.
• Much of the basilica's finances were raised by Pope Leo X from the selling of documents which forgave the purchasers' sins.
• St. Peter's proved to be a great influence for Sir Christopher Wren's St. Paul's Cathedral in London.
• Italian architect Andres Zappata supposedly copied the cupola of St. Peter's Basilica when he designed the Catedral de Granada in Nicaragua.
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.