Like this building on Facebook
|Bay-Adelaide Centre West|
|333 Bay Street|
Toronto ON Canada
|Floor Area||107,054 m²|
| - office|
| - retail|
| - highrise|
| - modern|
| - neo-classical|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Spire||715 ft||City of Toronto |
|Roof||706 ft||City of Toronto|
|top of mechanical|
|Top floor||663 ft||City of Toronto|
Architect: WZMH Architects
Developer: Brookfield Properties Corp.
• certified LEED Gold core & shell
• Existing 6 storey elevator shaft from previously incomplete 57 Story Office tower to be demolished and made into an urban plaza.
• A 11-storey historic façade of the former National Building, with retention & integration of historically listed building 347 Bay Street, is restored, preserved and incorporated in building entrance.
• Retail concourse level with PATH system connection.
• Launched in the boom of 1980 years, a 57-storeys tower was to be constructed with a cost about US$ 1 billion. It was controversal from opposites of massive huge structures, because it would be higher than official plans. To be approved, the developers spent US$ 80 million in other projects. Construction although began in 1990 and due to recession, it was stopped on-hold in 1993 after spending US$ 500 millions on it. The parking garage and concrete shaft stood as monument in city downtown, known as 'the bunker' or 'the stump'. In 1998 TrizecHahn revived it for short time. In 2000 was revived again, when TrizecHahn sold 50% to Brookfield for about US$ 49 millions, declaring it would be shorter. Only in 2005 the project restarted with towers of about 43 to 50 storeys for tenants KPMG and Goodmanns LLP. On December 11, 2006 the construction restarted and was finished with 51 storeys in July 2009.
First design - http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=1494
Second design - http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=84221
• Google Search
| || |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.