Like this building on Facebook
|Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant 2nd Stage with New Confinement|
друга черга Чорнобильської АЕС з новим об'єктом "Укриття"
| - other|
| - ruin|
| - unused|
| - industrial|
| - electrical|
| - highrise|
| - chimney|
| - other|
| - steel|
| - plastics|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| - lead|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Old chimney||487 ft||farm6.staticflickr.com/5542/10560402653_1ff2fac305_k.jpg|
|(1) dismantled in 2013|
|new chimney was mounted till 2012|
|Reactor block||244 ft||1|
• Second stage of Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant consists of two power units: #3, which was built in 1976–1981, and #4 (1979–1983).
• With world's largest technogenic catastrophe in 26th of April 1986 reactor #4 was destroyed. Till November of 1986 its ruins was covered with the Shelter Object (a.k.a The Sarcophagus).
• Reactor #3 was decommissioned in 2000.
• Old ventilation duct was dismantled in 2013, new one was erected till 2012.
• New Safe Confinement was constructed near the power unit #4 in 2012–2016 and slided above the Sarcophagus in November 2016. With its dimension (length: 164 m, width: 270 m, arch radius: 140 m, weight 36,200 t) it is world's largest onshore structure that ever was moved.
• New Safe Confinement design: VINCI Construction Grands Projets (VCGP) and Bouygues Travaux Publics (ByTP).
• Google Search
| || |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.