Like this building on Facebook
|Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center|
|1 Renaissance Center Drive|
Detroit MI United States
|Units / Rooms||1,298|
| - hotel|
| - conference|
| - museum|
| - observation|
| - restaurant|
| - retail|
| - fitness center|
| - highrise|
| - modern|
| - glass|
| - concrete|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Antenna||755 ft||American Tower|
|To Tip of Antenna|
|Roof||727 ft||Original Blueprints|
|To Elevator Tower|
|Penthouse roof||725 ft||Original Blueprints|
|To Penthouse Roof|
|Main roof||711 ft||Original Blueprints|
|To Main Roof Deck|
|Top floor||697 ft||Original Blueprints|
|To Top Floor (observation lounge)|
- Architect: John Portman & Associates
- Architect (renovation): SOM, Gensler, & SmithGroup
- General Contractor: Tishman Construction Co.
- General Contractor (renovation): Turner Construction Co.
- Owner: Riverfront Holdings, Inc. (General Motors)
- Property Management: Hines Midwest
Facts & Description:
- The Renaissance Center is World Headquarters for General Motors.
- Floors 71 through 73 include the Coach Insignia restaurant, and a lounge area/observation floor.
- The hotel has no labeled 7th, 8th, or 13th floors.
- The 2003 renovation of the Renaissance Center also include the reconfiguration of the shopping center, which include the construction of a 103' (31.4 meter) tall Wintergarden atrium at the back of the hotel along the river.
- Because the Renaissance Center is built into a riverbank, the front entrance along Jefferson Avenue sits exactly 14 feet (4.3 meters) higher than the back entrance along Atwater Street.
- This has been Detroit's, and Michigan's, taller building since its completion in 1977.
- This is the tallest building in North America devoted entirely to hotel usage.
- A complete renovation, reconstruction, and reconfiguration of this tower, and the rest of the towers of the Renaissance Center complex, was complete in 2003.
• Google Search
|John Portman & Associates|| - ||Architect|| |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.