Like this building on Facebook
|Makkah Clock Royal Tower Hotel|
|Oum Al Qura Street|
Mecca Saudi Arabia
| - hotel|
| - conference|
| - hotel|
| - parking garage|
| - religious|
| - residential|
| - retail|
| - station|
| - highrise|
| - clock|
| - islamic|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - marble|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Spire||1972 ft||Elevation Drawing|
• World's tallest hotel.
• World's tallest and biggest clock.
• The building will house a total population of 65,000.
• The towers have a combined floor area of 1,500,000 m² and a site area of 34,794 m².
• The towers include:
- 6 residential towers (27-33F) 302,000m² 864 units.
- 60F 5* 2,000 key hotel.
- convention centre for 1,500 persons.
- prayer hall for 3,800 persons.
- 4 story parking for 780 cars and 10 busses.
- 2 heliports.
• With the industrialization and growth of the Muslim population, more and more Muslims are able to afford to conduct the Hajj, the pilgrimage to the mosque at Makkah. This has led to a booming hotel industry in the city.
• This complex directly across from the main gate of Makkah's mosque features as its centerpiece a hotel geared towards the profitable Muslim pilgrimage business. The hotel boasts direct views into the courtyard of the mosque itself.
• Aside from the 5-star hotel itself, there are also apartments, a convention center, an intermodal transit station, and a 4-story shopping mall which features themed areas resembling traditional markets in different parts of the Arab world.
• The name of the building means "The House" and is a reference to the holy Ka'aba within the mosque across the street, which is the Islamic house of Allah. Construction is estimated to cost $1.6 billion US dollars and will be done by the Saudi Binladen Group.
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.