Like this building on Facebook
|First Canadian Place|
|100 King Street West|
Toronto ON Canada
|Floor Area||248,699 m²|
| - office|
| - communication|
| - retail|
| - highrise|
| - guyed mast|
| - sign|
| - international|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - stone|
| - marble|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|tip of the tallest antenna|
|Roof||978 ft||City of Toronto|
|top of mechanical|
|Top floor||942 ft||City of Toronto|
Architect: Edward Durrell Stone & Associates
Architect: Bregman + Hamann Architects.
Developer: Olympia & York Properties Corp.
Developer: Bank of Montreal.
Owner: Brookfield Properties Corp. (2009)
• Canada's tallest building since 1975.
• 10,000 people work at the First Canadian Place every weekday, 16 million people visit the First Canadian Place annually.
• Tallest building in the Commonwealth of Nations from 1975 to 1998, surpassed by the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
• When the First Canadian Place was completed it was the tallest building outside the United States and eighth tallest in the world.
• The building is currently (2010) having it's clading replaced. The original marble cladding has weathered considerably, marring the look of the tower, and it is being replaced with white fritted glass panels. The indented corners of the tower will become black in color as well.
• Google Search
|Edward Durell Stone & Associates|| - ||Architect|| |
| || |
Drawing by Koops65
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.