Like this building on Facebook
|Westin Book-Cadillac Detroit|
|220 Michigan Avenue & 1114 Washington Boulevard|
Detroit MI United States
|Units / Rooms||521|
| - hotel|
| - conference|
| - residential|
| - restaurant|
| - retail|
| - highrise|
| - neo-classical|
| - limestone|
| - brick|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Spire||349 ft||Sandvick Architects, June 1, 2007|
|to tip of decorative copper crowns|
|Roof||340 ft||Sandvick Architects, June 1, 2007|
|to rebuilt mechanical penthouse roof|
|31st floor roof||330 ft||Sandvick Architects, June 1, 2007|
|to 31st floor roof deck|
|Main roof||317 ft||Sandvick Architects, June 1, 2007|
|to 30th floor roof deck|
- Architect: Louis Kamper
- Developer: Book Brothers
- Architect (renovation): Sandvick Architects, Inc.
- Developer (renovation): Ferchill Group
- General Contractor (renovation): Marous Brothers Construction/Jenkins Construction
- The structure was originally constructed with 29 main floors, plus 3 additional floors in a prominent mechanical penthouse, which held 1,138 guestrooms. The penthouse was reconstructed and shortened by 5.46 meters as part of the 2006-2008 renovation.
- A 2006-2008 renovation of this structure included converting the former hotel into a mixed-use hotel/condominium including 455-room Westin hotel, and 67 upscale condominium units, as well as adding a 3-story addition to the northside of the hotel that includes a banquet hall, kitchens, swimming pool and a fitness center.
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.