- The Alpha Building was built as the headquarters of the Alpha Portland Cement Company, which supplied the concrete for Hoover Dam among many other projects.
- The building exhibits Beaux-Arts detail, with fluted pilasters and egg-and-dart ornamentation.
- The west portion was built in 1901. The two top stories were added in 1910, and the eastern portion completed in 1917.
- The stages of construction are still evident from slight differences in surface color and design.
- Although it now houses the city hall and a Crayola outlet store, it is still known as the Alpha Building, and remains the outstanding commercial structure on the Easton skyline.
• Phorio Search
• Google Search
|Aerial View - click to view full city map|
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.