Like this building on Facebook
|311 South Wacker|
|311 South Wacker Drive|
Chicago IL United States
|Floor Area||130,063 m²|
| - office|
| - mechanical|
| - restaurant|
| - retail|
| - highrise|
| - postmodern|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - granite|
| - concrete|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
• Architects: HKS Inc., Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates PC.
• Constructors: Brockette Davis Drake Inc., CB Richard Ellis, CECO Concrete Construction LLC, Chicago Guarantee Survey Co., CIBC World Markets Corporation, Cline Bettridge Berstein Lighting Design, HLP Systems Inc., Insignia/ESG Inc., J.A. Jones Inc., KONE Inc.
• Incorporations: STS, The Prairie Group, TIAA Realty Inc., Lincoln Property Company Commercial Inc.
• Building design are 5 cylinders, one main surrounded by others four. Atop 1852 tubes make it brilliant at night.
• The 311 South Wacker Drive is the tallest Building in the world known only by its street address.
• The building includes a winter garden, added in 2002 which has fountains and Palm Trees, Raymond Kaskey's bronze sculpture "Gem of the Lakes", a large Neptunian figure drying himself over a seashell fountain, lower level of it was designed to connect via underground passageway to Union Station.
• Was the tallest reinforced concrete building in the world from 1990 - 1992, surpassed by the Central Plaza in Hong Kong.
• Two other similar towers were planned for lots on either side, which one remained for future development and the other northwest is a temporary park.
• Photo Link: http://www.skyscraperpicture.com/chicago31.jpg
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.