|21 East Walton, Downtown|
Chicago IL United States
|Units / Rooms||236|
| - mixed use|
| - hotel|
| - parking garage|
| - residential|
| - restaurant|
| - fitness center|
| - highrise|
| - neo-classical|
| - postmodern|
| - renaissance revival|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
• Architect: Lucien Lagrange Architects.
• Developer: Elysian Worldwide Chicago Development LLC.
• Engineers: Alan G. Davenport Wind Engineering Group BLWTL., WMA Consulting Engineers.
• Constructors: Great Lakes Plumbing and Heating, Gurtz Electric Company, James McHugh Construction Co., PERI Formwork Systems Inc., Superior Mechanical Systems Inc.
• Others: Arcapita Inc., Charter Sills, Golub & Company, Jenkins & Huntington Inc., Koenig & Strey GMAC Real Estate, LaSalle Bank, Morgan Group Inc., Simeone Deary Design Group, V3 Consultants, Waterford Hotel Group LLC.
• The building is an ultra-luxury hotel and residence featuring 188 guest suites and 52 private residences, those, when free, are managed by the Hotel in it, which are 2 units per floor with terraces and high ceilings, a throwback to the grand hotels of the 1920's, with the current modern conveniences.
• A tuned liquid damper at the top of building minimize the wind effects of slender structure.
• It was approved by City Council on June 13th, 2005.
• Originally designed of 153m with 153 units, the height was later increased to 234.7m before a final reduction.
• A Restaurant building of 14-storeys was proposed in 1972 to this site. Each floor would have a different restaurant.
• Google Search