Like this building on Facebook
|Gran Hotel Hesperia|
|Avinguda de la Mare de Déu de Bellvitge, 1|
Hospitalet de Llobregat Spain
|Units / Rooms||218|
| - mixed use|
| - communication|
| - conference|
| - hotel|
| - restaurant|
| - highrise|
| - revolving floor|
| - exterior elevator|
| - structural expressionism|
| - glass|
| - aluminium|
| - concrete|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|to rooftop element|
|to roof deck|
- Architects: Richard Roger SL, Alonso i Balaguer Arquitectes
- Owner: Hoteles Hesperia
- Construction Companies: Castro, Galasa
- This building will only be the tallest in the city from it's completion in 2006 until 2007 when the Fira de Barcelona-2 complex will surpass it in height.
- The structural support columns of this building will lie outside the interior of the building to provide column-free space.
- The hotel was expected to be completed in the spring of 2004, but problems were found in the summer of 2003 while doing foundation work setting back the project by months.
- The building contains two communications towers attached at either end of the building.
- A domed restaurant rises above the roof of this tower offering great 360 degree views. It was constructed apart from the building and lifted onto the top by a crane.
• Google Search
| || |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.