Like this building on Facebook
|SLS LUX Tower|
|2535 South Las Vegas Boulevard|
Las Vegas NV United States
|Units / Rooms||400|
| - hotel|
| - casino|
| - highrise|
| - modern|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - concrete|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Roof||254 ft||Original Elevation Drawings, Courtesy of UNLV, October 30, 2006|
- Architect: Martin Stern, Jr.
- This was the second addition to the Sahara Hotel & Casino.
- When the Sahara Alexandria Tower was completed in 1963, it was the tallest hotel building in Ten Western States.
- Tallest building in Las Vegas 1963-1967.
- The Deluxe rooms of the Sahara are located in the Alexandria Tower. Each room is equipped with an individually controlled heating and cooling system. Some suites are also located in this tower.
- The broundbraking ceremony was held on February 9, 1962. The Alexandria Tower opened on May 24, 1963.
- The world famous rock band: the Beatles played at the Sahara in 1963 and stayed in room 2344 of the Alexandria Tower.
- When the tower opened there where only two towers at the Sahara, the 14 story Tunis Tower and the Alexandria Tower. The Tunis Tower had a time and tempature sign on top of the tower for three years, it was moved to the Alexandria Tower when it opened on May 24, 1963. today the sign no longer exists.
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.