Like this building on Facebook
|Basilica of Our Lady of Peace Yamoussoukro|
Basilique de Notre Dame de la Paix de Yamoussoukro
| - religious|
| - church|
| - renaissance revival|
| - glass|
| - wood|
| - gold|
| - clay|
| - marble|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
• Architect: Pierre Fakhoury
• Constructor: Dumez
• This basilica is not a cathedral, meaning that it is not the seat of a diocese or archdiocese.
• Guinness World Records lists it as the largest church in the world, having surpassed the previous recordholder, St. Peter's Basilica, upon completation. It has a total surface of 30,000 m², holding 18.000 worshipers, faced in Italian marble featuring 386 columns. Now it is world's tallest dome.
• The cornerstone was laid on August 10, 1985, and it was consecrated on September 10, 1990, by Pope John Paul II.
• The cost of the basilica doubled the national debt of Ivory Coast.
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.