Like this building on Facebook
|World Trade Center Ciudad de Mexico|
|Montecito 38, Colonia Napoles, Benito Juarez|
|Floor Area||73,101 m²|
| - office|
| - communication|
| - conference|
| - hospital|
| - restaurant|
| - retail|
| - cinema|
| - fitness center|
| - highrise|
| - landing pad|
| - revolving floor|
| - modern|
| - glass|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Steel sculpture on the top|
|Roof||605 ft||building drawings|
|Top floor||476 ft||building drawings|
- Architects: Gutierrez Cortina Arquitectos
- Engineering for the original structure: Heberto Castillo
- Constructor (renovation): GUTSA / Grupo ICA
- Owner: Grupo HIR
- Other companies involved: Aluvisa
Replace the cancelled unfinished building Hotel de Mexico
- The design of the complex as WTC started in 1992 by government impulse using public funds, those, when the previous project -the unfinished "Hotel de Mexico"- was finally cancelled by the inheritors of the original developer.
- The project includes transforming the complex into Mexico City's premiere international business center. The entire structure and facades was modifyed, the replace of concrete roofs by tridimensional steel structure and concrete, decrease the weight of every level and let to grow the main structure to 145.1 meters height.
- The complex was reopened at the 18th of November of 1994 as the first Mexico's World Trade Center.
- The complex now also includes the hotel, offices, a local TV station, mall, convention center, cinemas, hospital, retail areas, parking garage, and many facilities and services.
- On 2008 the group of antennas at the top was replaced by a truss structure who increase the total height few meters.
- On 2009 new works of construction starts increasing the convention center, bussines center, mall and other facilities.
- On 2010 a new antenna increase the general height.
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.