Like this building on Facebook
|601 2nd Avenue South|
Minneapolis MN United States
| - office|
| - parking garage|
| - highrise|
| - postmodern|
| - glass|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Roof||776 ft||Pei Cobb Freed & Partners |
|Smaller tower||278 ft||Pei Cobb Freed & Partners |
• Architect: Pei Cobb Freed & Partners
• Associate Architect : HKS, Inc.
• Developer: Joint Venture of IBM Corporation and
The OPUS Corporation
• Structural Engineer: CBM Engineers Inc.
• Third tallest building in Minneapolis and tallest building in Minneapolis to be completed in the 90's.
• Completed in 1992 as the headquarters for 1st Bank, later US Bancorp, until 2002 when US Bancorp moved its headquarters to the 32 story building at 800 Nicolett Mall.
• The semi-circle located atop the tower is not only for decoration but also serves as a screen for the cooling towers and other mechanical equipment. The feature has given the nickname the "Halo Building" or "Stanley Cup Building".
• The building stands on an "L" shaped footprint.
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.