Like this building on Facebook
|Fox Theatre Building|
|2111 Woodward Avenue|
Detroit MI United States
| - mixed use|
| - office|
| - restaurant|
| - theatre|
| - highrise|
| - atrium|
| - beaux arts|
| - glass|
| - stone|
| - terra cotta|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Spire||235 ft||Ilitch Holdings (owner)|
|Main roof||129 ft||Sanborn Fire Insurance|
|Auditorium roof||105 ft||Ilitch Holdings (owner)|
• Architect: Charles Howard Crane.
• Owner/Redeveloper: Ilitch Holdings Inc.
• Others: Aronberg-Fried Company, Gardner Signs Inc., Grunwell-Cashero Co., Olympia Entertainment Inc., William Kessler & Associates.
• The Fox Theater seats 5,045, making it one of the largest theaters in the United States of America, after the Radio City Music Hall in New York City.
• The 106-foot tower atop the roof was reconstructed in early January of 2006 to include LED-lit signage that will read "FOX" and will be topped by a 12-sided decorative star.
• This building was completly renovated in 1987.
• The Grand Lobby is 87' long and 6 stories high.
• The auditorium stands 105' high and spans 175 ft in width.
• This complex includes a theater, office space and dining space along Woodward Avenue.
• The Fox Theatre Building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1985 and named a National Historic Landmark in 1989.
• After many years of neglect Mike Ilitch, founder and owner of Little Caesars Pizza, bought the theater and completed an $8.1 million renovation in 1988.
• Extensive exterior renovation on the building in 2003, which included the replacement or repair of tons of terra cotta tiles. The cleaning of the facade and the re-glazing of the windows also occurred.
• The office building is headquarters to Little Caesars Pizza, the world's largest carryout pizza chain, as well as the company's test kitchen.
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.