Like this building on Facebook
|Centre George Pompidou|
|Place Georges Pompidou|
|Floor Area||103,305 m²|
| - museum|
| - restaurant|
| - highrise|
| - structural expressionism|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Roof 2||138 ft|
|Rue Beaubourg entrance|
- Architects: Renzo Piano / Richard & Sue Rogers
- Structural Engineers: Edmund Happold / Peter Rice
- Developer: GTM
- Length x Width: 166m x 60m
- The building serves as a public library and cultural center, including such institutions as the Bibliothèque publique d'information, Musée National d'Art Moderne, and Institut de Recherche et Coordination Acoustique/Musique.
- The building is famous for its external functional elements, which are all color coded. The plumbing pipes are green in color, the blue structures are the climate control ducts, the yellow encasings are for electric wires, red elements are for safety devices and circulation.
- The center sits on a public square of the same name, Place Georges Pompidou, which includes the Stravinsky Fountain (Fontaine des automates), a fountain filled with colorful, fantastical works of art.
- The building underwent an extensive renovation between October 1996 and January 2000 at a cost of 576 million Francs (1999 Francs).
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.