• Developers: HGA USA III GmbH & Co. KG, HGA Capital Grundbesitz und Anlage GmbH, RFR Realty LLC, George A. Fuller Company, Severud Associates, General Bronze Corporation, PPG Industries, Inc., Central Parking Corporation.
• Considered the pioneer for large corporate boxes of the decades to follow modernist ideals from Europe to the United States, an architectural landmark in 1989.
• Headquarters of the Seagram Liquor Company.
• It has The Four Seasons Restaurant inside, two linked rooms with the centerpiece of one a pool and the other a bar that is topped by a quivering Richard Lippold sculpture designed by Philip Johnson.
• In 1984 this building became the 15th recipient of the American Institute of Architects' prestigious Twenty-Five Year Award.
• The building was the world's first office tower to feature floor-to-ceiling height glazing.
• The construction costs of Seagram made it the world's most expensive skyscraper, due to the use of expensive materials and lavish interior decoration.
• Width - 43.0 m
• Depth - 26.0 m
• Google Search
|Ludwig Mies van der Rohe|| - ||Architect|| |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.