• Constructor: Brunner Erben.
• Owner: Swisscom.
• Coordinates: 47°21'04.85''N, 08°29'25''E.
• The Television Tower is a high transmitting tower of reinforced concrete with a steel tower on the essay Uetliberg in Zurich.
• The television tower serves Swisscom Broadcast to the spread of FM and TV programs in the region of Zurich and is not open normally to the public, Guided tours are available on request.
• The predecessor of today's broadcast tower on the Uetliberg in 1953, for the first television broadcasts in Switzerland, had a built of 75 meters height. Only after five years followed by a new building. In 1968, the tower was 132 meters and in 1983, was increased by an additional 50 meters high tower for the local broadcaster Radio 24 and Radio Z, and for the public broadcaster DRS 3 supplements. In 1987 was the start of construction of the new tower, which in May 1990 has become operational.
• As early as 1956 saw the commissioning of the first FM radio station (DRS 2) and the first wireless telephone connection in Switzerland. The second FM station (DRS 1) followed in 1964 and the television TSR and TSI in 1969. Another milestone in 2003 was the installation of the GSM system.
• Technical Data:
- The total height of 186.7 meters is divided into a concrete shaft with 55.2 meters in length, a tubular steel tower of 111 meters in length and a top part made of GRP with 20.5 meters in length.
- At 46.4 meters is a pulpit with large polycarbonate discs.
- The 16 meters in diameter measured foundation weighs 2250 tonnes, of 2050 tons of concrete shaft, the steel tower, 240 tonnes and the top-CSF, 6 tons.
- In reinforced concrete has been around 140 tonnes of processed steel.
- In addition, the tower includes 54 kilometers prestressing wire with a diameter of 7 mm. The total weight is around 4550 tons.
- The construction costs amounted to approximately 11 million Swiss francs.
- The designed maximum wind speed of 220 km/h varies, the peak 2.2 meters back and forth, thus the deflection is 4.4 meters.
• Nearby this tower has the famous Observation Tower in same mountain summit. http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=83001
• Photo Links:
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.