|Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur City Centre|
Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
|Floor Area||341,760 m²|
| - office|
| - observation|
| - highrise|
| - bridge|
| - pole|
| - pagoda style|
| - postmodern|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - aluminium|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Height of Superstructure (without cone and spire)|
|Top floor||1230 ft||CTBUH|
|height above street level|
|Length of skybridge||192 ft||KLCC|
- Architects: Cesar Pelli & Associates Architects, Adamson Associates, RSP Architects Planners & Engineers Private Limited.
- Structural Engineer: Thornton Tomasetti Inc.
- Contractor Tower1: Hazama Corporation.
- Contractor Tower2: Samsung Engineering & Construction and Kukdong Engineering & Construction, B.L. Harbert International.
- Constructors: Ho Hup Construction Company Berhad, MMC Engineering Services Sdn Bhd, PS Mitsubishi Construction Co. Ltd., J.A. Jones Construction Inc., Pernas Otis Elevator Company Sdn. Bhd.
- Manager: KLCC Holdings Sdn Bhd.
- Main Tenant: Petronas Company, Petroliam Nasional Bhd.
- Others: Balmori Associates, Brandston Partnership Inc., Cupples International Inc., Flack + Kurtz, HMA Consulting Inc., Kirkegaard Associates, KTA Tenaga Sdn Bhd, Larson Engineering of Minnesota, Lumino Design (Malaysia) SDN BHD, Midciti Resources Sdn Bhd, Motioneering Inc., Ove Arup & Partners, PERI-HORY Malaysia Formwork Sdn Bhd, Rowan Williams Davies & Irwin Inc., STS, Taylor Devices Inc., Wintech Ltd.
Facts & Description:
• The Petronas Towers rise to 452 meters high, formerly held the "official" World's Tallest Building titles for seven years, from 1998 to 2003, due to their decorative spires. However, this is only possible by the spires atop the two buildings. Counting by roof height, the Sears Tower in Chicago rises an estimated 30 meters above the Petronas Towers. The Sears Tower also reached a taller total height of 527 meters to tip of the antenna. But the antenna was not taken into consideration because they don't have a dicurative use. Its title was overtaken by the 508 meter Taipei 101 in 2004.
• Petronas, short for "Petroliam Nasional", is the Malaysian national petroleum company. The Petronas Company occupies all of tower one.
• The similar design and experience with the Miglin-Beitler Skyneedle-Miglin-Beitler Skyneedle from Chicago influenced the chose of the architectural and engineering team.
• The building around the base contains a shopping mall.
• The skybridge on levels 41-42 are accessible for public viewing. Tickets are free.
• Among the total lifts, 29 are double-decker high speed passenger one in each tower. Each of those can carry 26 persons.
• Google Search