Like this building on Facebook
Cleveland OH United States
| Intended completion date||1991|
| - office|
| - museum|
| - science|
| - fitness center|
| - highrise|
| - postmodern|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - concrete|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
• Architect: Frank O. Gehry & Associates
• Associate Architect: Van Dijk, Johnson & Partners
• The building would have been headquarters for Progressive Life Insurance and housed an art museum, creativity center, health club and a research center.
• Fake oversized newspapers were supposed to be perched atop the tower, creating a visual landmark for airplanes and neighboring skyscrapers.
• Planning started in 1987 but Progressive decided to cancel the project in 1991.
• The project won the LA/AIA Honor Award in 1991.
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.