|161 East Chicago Avenue, Magnificent Mile, North|
Chicago IL United States
| - mixed use|
| - office|
| - residential|
| - retail|
| - highrise|
| - postmodern|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - granite|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
• Constructors: Alan G. Davenport Wind Engineering Group BLWTL, Draper and Kramer, Incorporated, Equicon Group, Fujitec America Inc. (Chicago), Gust K. Newberg Construction Co., National Survey Service Inc.
• Investor: Equity Financial & Management Co.
• Owner: Olympia & York Properties Corporation, Paschen Contractors Inc.
• Building, tallest mid-block building in Chicago, has inclinated wider lower part (6-23 storeys) for Office floors and upper part for residential floors (24-63 storeys).
• The Windows are of many different sizes in a layout on the façade, resembling a jacket with a zipper.
• It has 640,000 ft² for residential units, many duplex with 2-story rooms and enormous windows, and over 370,000 ft² of office space.
• It is connected to a Neiman Marcus department store which fronts on Michigan Avenue.
• Swedish granite finished in Italy was used in lobby.
• Google Search