Like this building on Facebook
|161 East Chicago Avenue, Magnificent Mile, North|
Chicago IL United States
| - mixed use|
| - office|
| - residential|
| - retail|
| - highrise|
| - postmodern|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - granite|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
• Constructors: Alan G. Davenport Wind Engineering Group BLWTL, Draper and Kramer, Incorporated, Equicon Group, Fujitec America Inc. (Chicago), Gust K. Newberg Construction Co., National Survey Service Inc.
• Investor: Equity Financial & Management Co.
• Owner: Olympia & York Properties Corporation, Paschen Contractors Inc.
• Building, tallest mid-block building in Chicago, has inclinated wider lower part (6-23 storeys) for Office floors and upper part for residential floors (24-63 storeys).
• The Windows are of many different sizes in a layout on the façade, resembling a jacket with a zipper.
• It has 640,000 ft² for residential units, many duplex with 2-story rooms and enormous windows, and over 370,000 ft² of office space.
• It is connected to a Neiman Marcus department store which fronts on Michigan Avenue.
• Swedish granite finished in Italy was used in lobby.
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.