Like this building on Facebook
|Tower of Peace|
| Intended completion date||2000|
| - mixed use|
| - hotel|
| - office|
| - religious|
| - residential|
| - highrise|
| - atrium|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|510 at Emporis.|
• Architect: Minoru Yamasaki & Partners
• Investor: Brasilinvest Empreendimentos e Participações S.A.
• Retail: 128.760 m².
• Leasable Office: 170.000 m².
• Hotel: 240.000 m².
• Condominium: 120.700 m².
• Aparments: 173.000 m².
• Convention Center: 85.000 m².
• Theatres: 7.500 m².
• Schools: 45.700 m².
• Specialty Offices: 125.000 m².
• Mechanical: 112.540 m².
• Atrium: 98.000 m².
• Solar Garden: 6.800 m².
• Site: 60 blocks, 750.000 m² (1.380.000 m² including 50ha of park, monorail, viaducts and parking garage for 25000 vehicles).
• Originally proposed in 1999, to be constructed until 2002, the Maharishi Global Development Fund withdrew their investment after difficulties with São Paulo city officials. However, in early 2003 Brasilinvest stated the project was still under consideration.
• This Hindu tower, with aprox. 30 millions ft², would concentrate a big urbanistic redevelopment area in Pari subdistrict, which would have an huge Park among viaducts, Shopping Mall, Hotel, Residences for 60 thousand people, Offices, conference center for government and corporations, sports, planned rotation restaurant atop and all mix-used facilities.
• If had built, this would be the tallest building and structure in city and in whole Brazil country, using energy of its own Power Plant.
• In words of Architect: 'The buildings exterior design would reflect traditional Indian style with columns and arches, giving it the appearance of a giant temple. The pyramid-shaped building's interior features a hallow core with a central sky light originating at the top of the structure conveying a shaft of light to the ground floor.'
• News article: http://cnn.com/2000/WORLD/americas/10/25/brazil.skyscraper.reut/
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.