Like this building on Facebook
|Frankfort Avenue & Public Square|
Cleveland OH United States
| Intended completion date||1991|
| - office|
| - communication|
| - hotel|
| - mechanical|
| - retail|
| - highrise|
| - postmodern|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - concrete|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
• Architect: Kohn Pedersen Fox, New York
• Developer/Owner: Richard Jacobs Group
• General Contractor: Turner Construction
• Had the Ameritrust Center been constructed it would have been Cleveland's tallest building.
• Construction was well underway in 1990, One Public Square and 33 Public Square, two older historical buildings, were demolished for the Ameritrust Center.
• In 1991, Society Bank acquired Ameritrust Bank thus canceling the project since Society Bank had no need for more office space. Today the site remains a parking lot.
• Cost: $500,000,000
• The lower portion of the building would have housed a 484 room Hyatt Regency Hotel and shops like Giorgio Armani and Versace. The upper portion housed office space, a large curved glass curtain wall facing southeast, and communications equipment for Cleveland Television.
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.