Like this building on Facebook
|30 Rockefeller Plaza|
New York City NY United States
|Floor Area||195,095 m²|
| - office|
| - restaurant|
| - retail|
| - highrise|
| - art deco|
| - limestone|
| - aluminium|
| - granite|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
- Architect: Associated Architects
- Major Tenants: General Electric
Facts & Description:
- Three closely related companies are associated with this building- General Electric (GE), Radio Corporation of America (RCA), and National Broadcasting Company (NBC).
- RCA was founded jointly by GE and Westinghouse. NBC was founded jointly by GE, RCA, and Westinghouse. RCA later bought up full ownership of NBC. GE later bought up full ownership of RCA. At that point, it replaced the letters "RCA" on top of the building with "GE".
- When constructed, Rockefeller hired muralist Diego Rivera to paint a mural in the lobby of the building. This mural was later destroyed before it was even completed when Rockefeller found out that Rivera had included a portrait of communist leader Lenin in it.
- Located on top of the building is the Rainbow Room, a restaurant.
- Used in the movie "Mr. Deeds".
- Observation deck (dubbed "Top of the Rock") reopened for public on November 1, 2005 after a $75 million renovation.
- 30 Rockefeller Plaza is the centerpiece to the world famous Rockefeller Center.
• Google Search
| || |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.