Like this building on Facebook
|1 Queen's Road, Central|
Hong Kong HK China
|Floor Area||99,000 m²|
| - office|
| - highrise|
| - modern|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - aluminium|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
• Architect: Sir Norman Foster and Partners.
• Design: Feng Shui.
• Constructors: Alan G. Davenport Wind Engineering Group BLWTL, Claude R. Engle, Lighting Consultant, Cleveland Bridge Ltd., Cupples International Inc., J Roger Preston Ltd, Laservision Australia, Levett & Bailey Chart. Quantity Surveyors Ltd, Martin Professional A/S, Otis Elevator Co., Ove Arup & Partners Hong Kong Ltd., Pell Frischmann.
• It is the forth head office building of HSBC in this city built at the same location.
• Just 6 years from concept to completion.
• 10-story atrium, 52m tall, over the public plaza.
• Module design of five steel modules prefabricated in the UK and shipped to Hong Kong. In total 30,000 tonnes of steel and 4,500 tonnes of aluminum were used.
• On site was former old Hong Kong & Shanghai Bank-Hong Kong building.
• Costs: over US$ 670 million. Hong Kongs's most expensive skyscraper until today.
• In January 2004, the HSBC illumination is part of the Victoria Harbour Lighting Plan, a permanent lighting and special effects on 18 of Hong Kong’s most prominent buildings. Its project incorporates 716 intelligent lights including 450 Colour changing fluorescent fixtures in the glass stairwells as well as Martin Exterior 600's and 200 fixtures on five levels, 8 Search lights and over one kilometre of LED lighting around the top of the building.
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.