Like this building on Facebook
|Am Dalmannkai, HafenCity|
| Intended completion date||2005|
| - office|
| - highrise|
| - modern|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
• Architect: Benthem Crouwel.
• Others: BEOS GmbH, Berenberg Bank, EUROLAND Projektierungen GmbH, HPE Property Holding GmbH, Manhattan Loft Corporation, MediaCityPort GmbH.
• The height of the tower had been increased to 100 meters. In 28 June, the city planners and investors agreed on a height of 97m.
• The old building on the site, the Kaispeicher A, could not be saved and was demolished, contrary to the original plans. The building complex would have preserved and modified the 7-level former harbour storage facility, Kaispeicher A.
• Competition designs rivals were Dominique Perrault from Paris, Gigon Guyer from Zürich, Coop Himmelblau from Vienna and SOM from Chicago.
• It could be seen as new landmark for city and is supposed to strengthen the position of Hamburg as digital Capital City of Germany.
• Estimated costs were around € 180 millions.
• Its design would be not completely vertical, but would had been angled towards the western.
• It would had provided 34,000 m² of office space, 2,000 m² of apartments, 6,000 m² of health and fitness facilities, plus space for several restaurants, a night club and a media academy.
• Google Search
| || |
Drawing by Jaic
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.