• Engineering: Carlos Delfino
• Tallest building in Venezuela together to its twin Parque Central Torre Oeste -> http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=181
• Designed as part of the complex "Parque Central", a urbanistic development with residential towers (Tacagua, Caroata, Catuche, Tajamar, San Martín, El Tejar, Mohedano and Anauco), offices (Torre Este and Torre Oeste), retail, cultural and recreational areas.
• October 17, 2004: 19 floors of the building were damaged by fire that started started on the 34th floor with flames shooting as high as the 44th floor. The main structure was damaged severely although the tower did not collapse. As a result the entire building was renovated between 2005 - 2013 by the Ministry of Infrastructure.
• At the end of 2012, a new spire structure called "Espada de Simón Bolivar" was installed on the top of the building, increasing its architectural height to 262.5 meters.
• Phorio Entry
• Wikipedia Entry
• SkyscraperCenter Entry
• Google Search
|Shaw & Associates||-||Architect|
Drawing by Diego Rocha
|Aerial View - click to view full city map|
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.