Like this building on Facebook
|Rio Sul Center|
| - office|
| - retail|
| - highrise|
| - landing pad|
| - mall|
| - modern|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - aluminium|
| - concrete (plain)|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| - concrete|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Heliport Structure atop.|
|Main roof||525 ft||Website|
• Architects: Ulysses Petrônio Burlamaqui, Alexandre Chan.
• Incorporations: Brascan Imobiliaria Incorporações, Brascan Imobiliária Shopping Centers.
• Constructor: Construtora Norberto Odebrecht Engenharia e Construção S.A.
• Owner: União de Empresas Brasileiras.
• Client: Empreendimentos Imobiliários Capri S.A.
• Structural Engineer (Tower): Projectum S.A.
• Engineering Services (Substructure): Emílio Baumgart Ltda.
• Project Manager: Morrison Knudsen Engenharia.
• Tallest building in Rio de Janeiro city.
• The shopping center at the building´s base opened in April 1980, almost two years before the offical building date.
• Building has 40 common floors + 4-stories of Rio-Sul Shopping Mall (400 shops and 35 restaurants), including Ground floor, and mechanical floor with heliport atop.
• The building contains elements in brutalist style.
• 1182 places for vehicles in Garage.
• Photo Link: http://www.deltaimobiliaria.com.br/apres/Rio_Sul.jpg
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.