Like this building on Facebook
|Avenida Almirante Barroso 81|
Rio de Janeiro RJ Brazil
| - office|
| - highrise|
| - landing pad|
| - modern|
| - postmodern|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - limestone|
| - aluminium|
| - granite|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| - brick|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
• Architects: Pontual Arquitetura, Robert A.M. Stern Architects LLP.
• Engineers: CRAFT Engenharia.
• Project: Datum Consultoria e Projetos Ltda.
• Constructors: DENB-RIO, Gafisa S.A., Hines Interests LP, Jones Lang LaSalle Inc., ThyssenKrupp Elevadores S.A. (Lift).
• Tenant: Petróleo Brasileiro S.A.
• After Construction started in December 2002, building was completed on October 6, 2004 and opened to the public on November 17, 2004.
• This was the first building completed in downtown Rio de Janeiro after 2000, a project to revitalize Rio´s downtown promoted by the municipality.
• The lobby features a spectacular 20-foot-high, back-lit onyx wall visible through a full-height glass entry.
• Former Andorinha in site, inaugurated in 1934 with 12-floors, was demolished after a huge fire in February 17, 1986, killing 21 people, 50 injuries. The fire started in GE Headquarters at 9 floor. In the new project, the facade forms of Edifício Andorinha were based on, to be resembled in the new project for lower floors, the same height relation of new and old buidling, as memory and touches of old construction in facade the new glassy tower.
• The facade's illumination system is capable of generating 16 million different colours.
• The construction trash was recycled and transformed into more than 500,000 concrete bricks.
• Each standard floor has 1.600 m².
• Info Page about fire: http://www.jblog.com.br/hojenahistoria.php?itemid=7096
• Old Building Reference: http://banco.agenciaoglobo.com.br/Imagens/Preview/200610/0709cc1c-f704-4d19-9419-995c325609aa.jpg
• New Appearance: http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/4213/120metros5mb.jpg
• Google Search
| || |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.