Like this building on Facebook
|Hotel Horsa Nacional|
|Av. Niemeyer 769, Vidigal São Conrado BR-22450-220|
Rio de Janeiro RJ Brazil
|Units / Rooms||510|
| - unused|
| - hotel|
| - highrise|
| - modern|
| - glass|
| - aluminium|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
• Architect: Oscar Niemeyer.
• Incorporation: Encol.
• Originally opened as an apartment building.
• Due to the close proximity (800m) with one of biggest and dangerous slam, with traffic conflicts with police and criminals, in city and country, Favela Rocinha, the place remained unsecure and unsafe for tourists and guests visiting the hotel, frequency declinated severely in past decades, the mantainance of operating it was not economically positive anymore, so owner just abandonned the building after bankrupcy.
• The hotel went bankrupcy in 1995.
• Projects to revitalize it were made, but poor conditions still persist, cause city administration does not solve huge slam's social problems.
• Photo Link: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/11955916
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.