Like this building on Facebook
|Av. Rio Branco 89, Centre BR-20040-004|
Rio de Janeiro RJ Brazil
| - office|
| - highrise|
| - postmodern|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - granite|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
• Architect: Edmundo Musa.
• Constructor: Gafisa S.A.
• Aerodinamic Studies: Laboratório de Aerodinâmica da Construção/UFRGS.
• Structural Project: Moacir Leite & Miranda Engenheiros Associados.
• To 114m in roof height, are only 8m wide. The ratio of 14 to 1, is a world record for buildings. In recent international meetings of the Council on Tall Buildings and Human Habitat in Rio de Janeiro and Hong Kong, papers were presented respectively by the main author of structural designer and the president of the International Council, the Brazilian Gilberto Valley, and there is no dispute that this is the current building more slender.
• After several studies, it was a tower of 33 floors, with typical right-foot by 3.5 m, with high ceilings and floor at all levels. The rigidity to the effect of wind was obtained with a battery of parallel gateways, each 3m, and pillars in the two-wall facades minors. The beams have large openings for the facility.
• A smaller tower attached, with 18 floors, presented another challenge. The Brazilian Institute of Cultural Heritage required the clear vision of the Church of Our Lady Mother of Men, Igreja de Nossa Senhora Mãe dos Homens, on the streets of Customs, where Tiradentes spent his final days. They had to be created then transitions from 20m to go, to obtain a loggia with 3 storeys in height. One pillar in the corner supporting beams of perpendicular transition, forming a dramatic counterpoint to the church, as a frame, in the words of the architect.
• Photo Link: http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/8154/manhatan0py.jpg
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.