Like this building on Facebook
|Edifício Avenida Central|
|Av. Rio Branco 156|
Rio de Janeiro RJ Brazil
| - office|
| - highrise|
| - landing pad|
| - modern|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - aluminium|
| - concrete (plain)|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
• Architect: Henrique Mindlin.
• Architect & Owner of site: Regine Feigl.
• Steel: CSN - Companhia Siderúrgica Nacional.
• Architecture based on buidlings of Mies van der Rohe.
• It is located on the same site of the former building, Hotel Avenida, built in 1911, where had also the gallery Galeria Cruzeiro, terminal point of trams from Southern Zone, both demolished in 1958.
• Its construction took 3 years and was inaugurated on May 22, 1961, the first building in the center of Rio de Janeiro in metal structure erected in place of reinforced concrete.
• It is a building with 1,061 rooms and 200 stores. It was also the first to use the architectural style "tower-on-plate", ie the tower built on a plate which is located a shopping mall - in this case, a podium of 4 floors.
• In its center is a center specializing in big sale of equipment for data processing and electro-electronics, the largest of Rio de Janeiro. This is due mainly to the performance of the company PromoInfo, which opened in 1994, called Info centers - the principle of two, and now, with four floors of the commercial center of the building.
• Photo Links:
• Google Search
| || |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.