Like this building on Facebook
|Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago|
|401 North Wabash Avenue, River North Downtown|
Chicago IL United States
|Units / Rooms||758|
| - mixed use|
| - garden|
| - hotel|
| - parking garage|
| - residential|
| - restaurant|
| - retail|
| - fitness center|
| - highrise|
| - modern|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|to tip of spire|
|to highest roof deck|
|Main roof||1131 ft|
|to main roof deck|
• Construction officially began with drilling of first caisson on March 17, 2005.
• Building was completed in 2009 to become the second tallest building in the city and the country, surpassed only by the 442m (1,451ft) Willis Tower. However, it will be surpassed by One World Trade Center in 2013, currently under construction in New York.
• The buildings is the tallest building in the world with an all-concrete structure at the time.
• Design of glassy Setbacks at 3 levels matching its surroundings the heights of the Wrigley building's main block, the Twin Towers of marina city, and the IBM building. An asymmetric shape gives the building a different appearance from each angle because of its triangle site.
• Highest residential units on the 89th floor breaking the 37-year world record held by the John Hancock Center.
• The silvery color of the stainless steel facade forms a transition between the brilliant white terra cotta of the east Wrigley Building and the west black 330 North Wabash.
• A projecting stainless steel latticework on the facade gives the building surface an impression of depth, reinforced by the metalwork's glass facade reflection.
• The building was originally planned with a large office section on the lower floors, but sales of the residential portion performed so well that the office floors were dropped from the plan. The floorplan tapers gradually in four steps at heights of 65, 121, 201 and 338 meters.
• The spire will rise from a glassy cylinder, surrounded at its base by a futuristic screen wall covering the mechanical elements.
• Residential floors on the mid-levels above the trump international hotel will be convertible for hotel usage at the discretion of the unit owners.
• When this project was originally announced, it was proclaimed as a future world's tallest building. After the terrorist acts of september 11, 2001 the plans were scaled down a few hundred feet.
• An abandoned freight tunnel, roughly 40 to 45 feet under the surface, runs partway below the site formerly occupied by the low-rise headquarters of the chicago sun-times, one of the city's two major newspapers.
• Google Search
| || |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.