Like this building on Facebook
|One Shell Square|
|701 Poydras Street|
New Orleans LA United States
|Floor Area||190,658 m²|
| - office|
| - highrise|
| - landing pad|
| - international|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - stone|
| - concrete|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Roof||697 ft||Russell Marchand|
|Main roof||679 ft||Russell Marchand|
Architect: Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
Developer: Hines Interests Limited Partnership
Tenant: Ernst & Young
• This is New Orlean's tallest and largest building.
• The facade is made of tavertine stone, with bronzed glass windows.
• One Shell Square has a similar design to Houston's One Shell Plaza completed one year earlier, and was also designed by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP. Houston's One Shell Plaza is just five meters taller.
• Was the tallest building the Southeastern United States from 1972 to 1976 when the Westin Peachtree Plaza in Atlanta surpassed it.
• One Shell Square was the first southern skyscraper to surpass the 200 meter mark.
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.