Like this building on Facebook
|Av. Ipiranga 344 República BR-01046-010 Centre|
Sao Paulo SP Brazil
|Units / Rooms||258|
| - office|
| - communication|
| - residential|
| - restaurant|
| - retail|
| - theatre|
| - highrise|
| - modern|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| - concrete|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
• Architect: Franz Heep.
• Constructors: Grupo Comolatti, Cecchi & Cia Ltda., Engenharia e Construção Otto Meinberg S.A.
• Built to honor the thousands of Italian immigrants to SP city, designed as a triangular tower with curved corners and is covered with brise-soleil. During its construction phase, the building started to inclinate. Freeze soil was necessary to keep it vertical. This brought the construction company to bankrupcy and the building is today a little bit lower the street level.
• Upon completion, Edifício Itália became the 2nd tallest building in city.
• On the 45th floor is the Terraço Itália restaurant used also as observation deck. Atop has some communication devices.
• The facade has 6,000m² of glass distributed in 4,000 windows.
• It is popular known to be São Paulo's tallest building, a title that actually belongs to Mirante do Vale. Because its popularity, some ones tried to climb the building.
• An 18 month re-fit of the facade was completed in 2006 at a cost of US$ 700,000 (R$ 1,5 million).
• The building is 168 meters in height when measured from the underground level to its roof.
• At building has Circolo Italiano, Italian Club as well as Restaurant Terraço Itália in two decks mounted atop.
• Photo Links:
• Google Search
| || |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.