|Av. Ipiranga 200 x Rua Araújo, República BR-01046-925 Centre|
Sao Paulo SP Brazil
|Floor Area||116,152 m²|
|Units / Rooms||1,160|
| - residential|
| - restaurant|
| - retail|
| - highrise|
| - modern|
| - glass|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| - concrete|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
• Architect: Oscar Niemeyer & Carlos Lemos.
• Constructor: Engenharia e Construção Otto Meinberg S.A.
• The buildings' name is inspired by that of the Copan Mayan Temple in Honduras.
• This is the largest residential building in Brazil, and, reportedly, the most populated single residential building in the world housing 5,000 listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the largest structure built in Brazil an also claims this building has the largest floor area of any residential structure in the world, with a population greater than that 547 of Brazilian cities, according to IBGE (Instituto Brasileiro de Geografia e Estatística), a major research institute in Brazil.
• The ground floor is home to 70 businesses/establishments including, but not limited to, a church, travel agency, and library, and 4 restaurants.
• The building was originally constructed with a helipad that is no longer used.
• The condominium building has 107 employees to serve and maintain it.
• Due to the large number of residents, the Correios, Brazilian Post Office, gave the building its own ZIP code.
• The building site is 10572.80 m².
• Google Search