Like this building on Facebook
|1265 Washington Boulevard|
Detroit MI United States
|Floor Area||118,571 m²|
| - unused|
| - highrise|
| - neo-classical|
| - copper|
| - limestone|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Roof||475 ft||Preservation Wayne|
|Lowest roof||174 ft||Sanborn Fire Insurance Map|
- Architect: Louis Kamper
- Owner: Bedrock Real Estate Services
- The tower portion of this building was added to the 1916 completed building in 1926.
- This tower was the tallest building in Detroit for only two short years from its completion in 1926 to 1928.
- The building was shuttered in early January 2009 when the owners, AKNO Enterprises, did not pay the building's back utility bills forcing the last tenant, Bookies Downtown Tavern, to vacate their location on the ground floor.
- Bedrock Real Estate Services puchased the building in 2015 and began a renovation project in 2017 scheduled for completion in 2019.
- An unbuilt second tower was once proposed - http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=84877
• Google Search
| || |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.